It would be nice if a simpler authorisation process could be implemented to Meridian.
Let first resume the current process.
If we require to upgrade a Meridian server, we must do the following:
* Request the customer licenses to be upgrades by e-mail.
* Bluecielo will then post the latest release licences to the portal and advise us by e-mail.
* We then need to log in the portal to retrieve those licences and install them to the server.
* We generate the new licences authorisation including the new server ReturnKey and the SiteID and send it back by email.
* Bluecielo authorise the licences and post them back to the portal then advise us by e-mail.
* We log back in to the portal to retrive the licenses.
* We install the registered licences back to the server. (done !!!!)
The complete process require 4 email exchanges. Two portal updates done by Bluecielo and two downloads by the tech installing Meridian.
I'm wondering if the license update request could be performed online withing the installation process and be automated on the Bluecielo side. The installation process could retrieve the required licences automatically for his version. Within the process, the user would require to enter it's agreement number or SiteID to confirm his identity. Request for the license authorisation could also be included in the same process or as a secondary step and retrieval of the authorisation could also be automated from the server.
This would cut down in BC and Client operations and make the whole process much easier for everyone.